Recipe "Dian" Angiolo Silvio Novaro
Recipe of Academy of culinary traditions of western Liguria.
Ingredients: (serves four)
- 500 g of Dian
- 1 clove of garlic (preferably Vessalico),
- leaflets from 8 sprigs marjoram,
- the crumb of a roll (50 g) soaked in milk already boiled but cold or warm, squeezed and sieved,
- 30 g Parmigiano Reggiano of 30 months,
- 5 g of Pecorino Sardo of 12 months,
- 100 g ricotta flavored with salt, pepper, thyme and basil;
- 1 hard-boiled egg,
- some glitter of coarse salt,
- extra virgin olive oil from the special selection of G. Novaro & C.
For the sauce execution is the same like pesto:
Crush the garlic in a mortar, add marjoram, salt, and then incorporate. Stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese. Dilute with oil.
Spice ricotta with herbs.
Sieve the egg yolk with egg white and hard to prepare a brunoise.
Cook the “Dian” in salted water.
Pour the sauce on the plate glass, lay the radial Dian leaving a void at the centre, prepare a quenelle with ricotta and place the centre of the dish, pour a bit of crumbled egg (mimosa effect) and spread the egg white on the edge brunoise plate. Garnish with a sprig of marjoram.
In combination with this course the recommended wine is Riviera Ligure di Ponente DOC Vermentino "Riviera dei Fiori" (2008) served to 11 ° - 12 °, long stem glasses.